A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Monday, September 3, 2012

Rose Water Pannacotta

A few weeks ago Mr CLI , Miss Le Coiffure her partner and myself went away for a long weekend a Daylesford . While we were there we ate at Ruebens restaurant, which I have written about before.

One of the desserts was rose water pannacotta , now Miss Fish normally doesn't like anything like this, but she tasted it and fell in love with its creaminess and lightness also the lovely rose flavour.

She even liked it so much she got it the next night from the takeaway menu.

She has been asking for me to make, using the excuse that the "baby wants it " ! As she is 8 months pregnant and seeing her eat is a good thing.

So i decided to make it as one of the desserts for Fathers Day.

I hope everyone had a lovely Fathers Day. Mr CLI wanted a roast for lunch and he wanted to cook the meat on the covered BBQ. So he cooked the piece of pork and the chicken. While I cooked the roast vegetables the cauliflower and cheese sauce, steamed the peas and made the gravy !

I used a Gordon Ramsey recipe. Now I did alter it slightly when the cream is taken off the heat I added the sugar straight away and stirred until it had dissolved, then I added the rose water.

For the first batch, because I made 2 knowing someone would like to take some home, I put in 3 tbsps of rose water, then in the second I used 4. I believe the 4 gives you a more rose flavour.

Also the recipe states to use 2 gelatine sheets, I used the titanium ones. Now the pannacotta did set but if you had wanted to upend it onto a plate I think it would have collapsed . So if I was going to do that in the future I would use 3 sheets, but as I had made individual portions it wasn't a problem.

The verdict on the pannacotta was a resounding success. Miss Le Coiffures comments was that "now she doesn't have to go to Ruebens to get her pannacotta fix".

Gordon Ramsey's original recipe

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/598631/lemon-thyme-panna-cotta-with-raspberry-granita

My version

Rose Pannacotta

600 ml cream, 150 ml full cream milk, 100 grams caster sugar, 4 tbsps rose water, 2 - 3 titanium gelatine sheets

Place the gelatine sheets in cold water to soak.

In a saucepan bring the cream and milk to a boil. As soon as it boils remove from the heat and add the sugar, stir until there is no grittiness in the bottom of the saucepan.

Stir in the rose water. Squeeze any excess water from gelatine, the drop it into the hot cream mix and stir till dissolved.

Leave to cool slightly. Pour through a fine sieve into a jug, this makes it easier to pour into individual dishes or one large dish.

Refrigerate til set. This would be at least 4 hours but overnight would be better.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful dessert! I love the lightness of the rosewater and the texture of panna cotta :)

    ReplyDelete