A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Monday, July 9, 2012

Lime, Olive Oil & Yoghurt Cake - Dresden Plate Quilt Update

Well after 2 days spent sewing the back then 2 days pinning it together this massive quilt is ready for quilting.

That's a job I will be starting today !

Now instead of making a packet mix with Miss Fish this weekend I decided to make something to use the limes that my Dad had given me from his tree.

So after searching the internet I found a recipe for a yoghurt, olive oil & lime cake - by Souvlaki for the Soul.

http://souvlakiforthesoul.com/lime-yoghurt-and-olive-oil-cake

Now this was my sort of recipe as it was mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl, mix together the wet ingredients in another, then pour wet into dry whisk then into the cake tin. See easy.

Now I didn't pay total attention to it while it was cooking so it is a little well done on one side !

As I was originally going to make  a packet mix I didn't worry about the fact that I didn't have any icing sugar, and I wasn't going to drive into town just to get it, so there isn't any icing. A fact that Mr CLI's face showed he didn't approve when he was presented with a piece of cake uniced, but the cake is quite sticky and moist so it really isn't missed. If I did ice it I would have made a fairly runny icing using icing sugar and lime juice to drizzle over the cake.

As usual I fiddled with the recipe I left out the salt, I also used S.R, Flour + baking powder which gave the cake some lightness and also put paper in the base of the tin to ensure it's easy removal from the tin.

Lime, Yoghurt & Olive Oil Cake

Preheat oven 180.c Spray a 20cm springform tin with olive oil and line the base with greaseproof or baking paper.

1 3/4 cups S.R. flour, 1 tsp baking powder

- Sift together in a large bowl, or as I did I just whisked them together.

1 cup greek yoghurt, 2 eggs, 1/4 fresh lime juice + zest from 1 lime, 1/3 cup olive oil, 1 cup caster sugar

 - whisk together in a bowl or jug, pour into the dry ingredients. Whisk till just combined.


Pour into tin and smooth top.


















Bake 40 - 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.


Remove from the oven, place onto a cake rack. Run a knife around the edge and remove sleeve. Let sit for 5 minutes then upturn the cake onto a teatowel remove base and paper. The invert back onto the cake rack, let cool. If icing, ice once the cake has cooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment