A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Easy Mars Bar Slice

A few weeks ago Miss Le Coiffure had her Baby Shower. Now her & I made most of the food after a very big 2 days of cooking, I discovered a bag of little Mars Bars, actually they were the Aldi equivalent.

I asked Miss Le Coiffure 3what they were for and she said she was going to make a Mars bar slice with them, but couldn't be bothered.

A couple of days later I thought I would make it for her. Having never made one before I searched on the internet for the recipe, to my surprise it required 5-6 cups of rice bubbles, which I didn't have so I invented this recipe using some of the broken chocolate biscuits Miss Fish had brought home.

Everyone who ate this raved about how yummy it was and were did I get the recipe, and a pity I hadn't made more.

So here is my recipe it is very simple and only requires 3 ingredients + the melted chocolate for the topping.

Mars Bars Slice
1 bag of bite size Mars Bars - I used the Aldi equivalent, 2 tbsps of Rice Bran Syrup - you could replace it with honey, 1 cup broken chocolate biscuits 9 about 1 cm in size, 1/2 small block of milk choc melted for topping

Place a piece of baking paper on a tray.

Place all Mars bars in an microwave proof bowl, melt using bursts of 30 seconds on high, stirring after  each 30 seconds, when melted remove. Stir in the syrup/honey. The add biscuits.

Tip immediately onto paper and using a metal spatula flatten and shape into a oblong/square shape.

Leave to set, once set pour over melted chocolate. Leave to set the cut into squares.

1 comment:

  1. I love this slice when it's freshly made and the rice bubbles are crisp! :D

    ReplyDelete