A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Friday, June 29, 2012

Dresden Plate Quilt Update

Well I am still working on getting blogsy working on my ipad so that I can write my blog from there, so in the mean time if I have photos I want to upload I will be continuing to tether my iphone to my laptop to blog !

Well this is an update on the dresden plate quilt that I am making for a lady. My very first quilt order how exciting. lol


Here are some photos of my progress.


This is the setting squares and cornerstones for the quilt blocks, which by the way are very large at 22".


The colors for this quilt are pale pink, cream and a soft green.



Also the quilt will be quilt large when finished , nearly 3 metres wide.




So it is going to be quite a challange to quilt.







Here is one of the Dresden plates pinned ready to be sewn. As you can see there were quite a few pins involved !















Here is the dresden plate after it has been sewn down.


I used a blanket stitch on my sewing machine and I used a Silk finish cotton thread in very light pastel colors.









I will continue to update you as the quilt continues. I have since added to border, with

1 comment: