A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Hooten Nanny

Well I settled down this morning to do a post on last nights tea, minestrone soup, but I had an uneasy feeling so I checked old posts and low and behold I had already done a post on minestrone soup.

So I will do a post on the quilt and table cloth I made Miss Le Coiffure for Christmas.


Now that I have given it to her I can show some pictures.

Last year in September, Noel and I went on a short stay to Lorne. As it was Miss Le Coiffure's birthday she came down on her motorbike and stayed with us on her birthday. She was due to go home the next day but ended up coming with us to Ballarat.

While in Ballarat we went to my favourite patchwork shop - Gail's Patchwork Emporium - which unfortunately met with a fire at the start of November last year. I am unsure if Gail is going to rebuild.

Miss Le Coiffure had a ball selecting fabrics to make cushion covers with. With my help she has made 2 cushion cover. With the leftover fabric and some more I bought I thought I would make her a quilt to drape over her lounge and a small tablecloth for her coffee table.










Now at the moment there is a craze about all things owls, Miss Le Coiffure loves them too, so I found this quilt using strips of many fabrics and appliqued owls on it. For the tablecloth I designed it around central large owl and used solid squares and squares like in the quilt using strips.










The quilt and tablecloth are nice and bright and cheery.

Well that's all for today. I have started another quilt top this week using fabric bought - wait for it in 1999 when we went to LA. I think it is about time it got turned into an quilt and make room for more fabric. lol



1 comment:

  1. I must admit that I'm quite partial to owls too! :D

    ReplyDelete