A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Honey and Soy Chicken - not using honey

Now if I didn't use honey what did I use, well I used rice syrup.

I had bought this a while ago to use in cooking instead of sugar, and as you do sometimes things go to the back of the cupboard and my mind for that matter.

On the weekend because it was so hot Mr CLI cooked some meals on the BBQ ,one of the marinades he wanted was honey soy.

Now this is a good thing to cook on the BBQ because you don't have a messy tray to clean.

Instead of honey, which I didn't have anyway I used the rice syrup. Did it make any difference ? Not that I could taste it made a very good marinade.

Honey/Rice Syrup Marinade
Enough for 3 chicken breasts cut into tenderloins
2 tbsps honey/ rice syrup, 2 cloves garlic grated, 2 tbsps olive oil, 3 tbsps dark soy sauce.

Place all marinade ingredients into a non metal bowl, mix together then add the chicken.

Leave to marinate for at least 20 minutes.

Cook on your pre heated BBQ plate. Griddle pan or frypan. They will only need 2 1/2 minutes on the first side then 2 minutes on the second side. This should give you very moist and tender pieces of chicken.




http://www.aussiehealthproducts.com.au/sweeteners.php?id=66810&Pure-Harvest-Organic-Rice-Syrup-500gm---Australian

1 comment:

  1. What a clever idea to use rice syrup! Will keep that in mind the next time I run out of honey! :)

    ReplyDelete