A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Coconut Chicken with Mango and Peanut Salsa

Well this a meal I cooked the other night there hasn't been much cooking for the last couple of days because I am busy on the sewing machine making Christmas presents.

I will post photos after I have given the presents as I don't want Miss Le Coiffure to see them here.

This was another of my easy recipes that can be put together in about 1/2 an hour. A terrific idea for a BBQ.

You can make the salsa with either pineapple or mango, as I only had a mango I used that. As usual I served a salad with it, you know you need to get you greens in any way you can.

Coconut Chicken
4 chicken breasts cut into tenderloins, 1/2 400gm can coconut cream, white part of lemon grass finely sliced, 1 tsp ground coriander , 1 tbsp light soy sauce, 2 tsps brown or palm sugar

To Serve - steamed rice and salad

Mix all ingredients together. Heat a griddle pan or frypan with 2-3 tbsps oil. Add chicken strips grill 3 - 4 minutes on one side, turn reduce heat to medium cook for a further 3 - 4 minutes or until cooked through.

Serve with salsa, rice and salad.

Mango/Pineapple Salsa
1 small pineapple, peeled cored and cut into bite size pieces or 1 large mango peeled and cut into bite size pieces, 1 tbsp light soy sauce, 1/4 cup peanuts with the skin removed

Stir all ingredients together in a bowl.

1 comment:

  1. This would be such a hit in our household! Mangoes rule here :P

    ReplyDelete