A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

An apple of a Dilemma

After making the chicken pot pie the other night, I was left with 3/4 of a sheet of pastry. As this was the only bit I had left I wasn't going to freeze it, but what to do.

Light bulb moment I had 1 apple in the fruit bowl why not make apple turnovers, one for each of us to have with ice cream.

This is what I did.

Now when I sat down to write today's blog I had a feeling of de ja vue, what was niggling in the back of my mind. Mmmmmm

What it was , was that I had already given the recipe for apple turnovers, never mind I will give you the amounts needed to make using 1 apple. This made 3 well filled turnovers. I did sprinkle a little caster sugar on top of the egg wash to give the pastry an extra crunch.

1 apple, 1 tbsp butter, 1 heaped tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp water, pinch of both cinnamon and star anise.


This is how the apple should look after being cooked.







Then follow the recipe in the attached blog.



Ready for the oven.








So back to the sewing machine for me, I am quilting a quilt for the lounge in our kitchen area.

1 comment:

  1. I love apple turnovers-they were one of the first "western" desserts I had tried and they are always a favourite :)

    ReplyDelete