A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Egg and Bacon Tart

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah ! Big sigh everything is back to normal today, Miss Fish is back to work, also as a bonus she goes into respite today until Thursday. So I can just potter for the next 3 days, no driving in and out of town to drop her off or pick her up.

Now to the tart, this really is a cross between a tart and a flan, it is probably a cheek calling it either, as it is a sheet of puff pastry with the ingredients on top then baked.

Not the best photo I admit, I should learn not to take photos in a hurry,but never mind you can see what it looks like, and the taste was wonderful all baconny and cheesy a good combination.

Now you could have it as it is or serve it with a salad.

Bacon and Egg Tart
For each sheet of puff pastry you will need
2 handfuls of baby rocket, 1 cup grated tasty cheese, 2 eggs, 4 bacon eyes - I just used the eye part so you didn't have the fat, salt and pepper

Preheat the oven 200.c.

Line baking trays with baking paper. Place the pastry sheet on the tray. Top with the rocket, leaving a 2cm border around the edge. Whisk together eggs, cheese and salt and pepper, carefully pour over rocket, top with the bacon.

Bake in the oven 15 - 20 minutes or until the pastry is brown and the egg/cheese mixture has set.

Remove from the oven, slice and eat.

I was also busy on the weekend re doing my nails and I am quite proud of my design. The nail polish on my acrylic nails, my own nails are underneath the acrylic.

The red is my favourite - it is by Chi Chi called Mother in law Red, the glitter stripes are silver holographic by CM.

1 comment:

  1. The tart looks delicious and so easy too! :) Love the mother in law red!

    ReplyDelete