A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Cheats Chicken and Sundried Tomato Pasta Bake

Now I must confess first off the only cheaty part of this is that I used bought pasta sauce. The rest of the dish I cooked myself.

The reason I resorted to bought sauce is that at the moment I have pulled/torn muscles under my right armpit down to my waist so cooking is a bit difficult at the moment.

You could make your favourite tomato pasta sauce and add a little cream, because I find straight tomato sauces in this a bit acidic.

This is one of those recipes you can add anything that takes your fancy. I have only used 7 ingredients in total to make a truly mouthwatering dish. Mr CLI even asked for seconds, and decided that I could make it again !

The pasta sauces I used were both pasta bake sauces by Dolmio one was - Creamy Tomato and Mozzarella and the other was - Creamy Sundried Tomato and Garlic.










My assistant Miss Fish helped, while my back was turned added water to the dish. I normally add some water to the jars replace the lid and shake because these sauces are very thick and the all don't come out. She saw me do that and while my back was turned nearly filled the jar with water and poured it in.

There were some tears from her and nearly by me, but it turned out all right, as for a pasta bake you need it to be quite saucy because the noodles drink up the sauce and if there isn't enough the dish can become dry. So alls well that ends well.

Chicken and Sundried Tomato Pasta Bake
2 jars pasta sauce or home made sauce totalling 1080 grams, 1 cup water, 350 gms dried pasta I used ribbed penne, 2 chicken breasts chopped into 2 cm pieces, 4 tbsps chopped fresh parsley, 20 kalamata olives pitted and sliced in half, 20 semi sundried tomato chopped

Topping - grated cheese of your choosing, I used about 1/2 cup of grated tasty

Preheat fan forced oven to 200c.

Bring water to the boil and cook the pasta until al dente.

While the pasta is cooking heat 2 tbsps oil, add the chicken saute until starting to brown. Add all remaining ingredients except pasta. Simmer for 5 minutes.

When pasta is cooked drain then place into baking dish, mine was approx 20cm x 40 cm. Pour over sauce, mix together. Top with grated cheese.









Bake for 15 minutes, it should be bubbling and the cheese will have melted and started to brown.

I served mine with a bit of grated parmesan on top.

2 comments:

  1. That does look very good! And I hope you feel better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. Hope you heal up soon, lots of whisking coming with the holidays coming!

    Thank you for being so active with eRecipecards.com. Love all of your submissions! I set up your personal page with just your recipes...

    http://erecipecards.com/account/userrecipes.php?id=472

    Hope to see that page grow! Dave

    ReplyDelete