A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pasta Frittata


This is an idea I have had for a while, but I usually don't have a lot of pasta leftovers to make it. I suppose I could cook pasta especially for it, but as most frittatas are based on using leftovers it doesn't seem quite right some how.

Now if you would like a more eggy frittata you could add more eggs, but I found that 6 was enough to set all the ingredients together.

You can use what ever vegetables that you want, I just used what I had in the fridge. You could also add more bacon or even use ham. If you what a vegetarian one you could leave it out all together.

Pasta Frittata
4 cups cooked pasta, 2 cups chopped vegetables - I used a bunch of asparagus, 1/2 red capsicum & frozen peas - 1/2 cup grated parmeson, 1/2 grated tasty cheese. - plus extra grated cheese for the top - 6 eggs. salt & pepper to taste. 4 rashers bacon

Preheat the the oven 220.c

In a bowl mix together the eggs, 2 cheeses, salt & pepper, using a fork.

Remove the rind if any, then cut the bacon into 2cm pieces, place into a frypan that can go into the oven, add about 1 tbsp oil, when the bacon starts sizzling add the vegies stir 1- 3 minutes or until they start to soften. Add the pasta toss around to distribute the vegies and bacon evenly. Remove from the heat pour over the egg mixture.

Lower the heat and return the frypan, leave on the heat until the edges start to sizzle and you can smell the egg on the base starting to cook, this takes about one minute.

Remove from the heat sprinkle with the extra cheese place into the oven check after 10 minutes, mine took 15 minutes to cook. The egg should be set and the cheese should be melted and golden.

Remove from oven carefully, don't forget that the handle will be hot. Slice and serve.

You could serve this with some crusty bread or a salad. It is also a good dish eaten lukewarm, also it is terrific to take on a picnic.


No comments:

Post a Comment