A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Inside Out Pizzas !

What do you get when your husband is confined to bed with a cold and your daughter wants to be feed continually and with interesting meals ?

You search through the freezer for odds and ends to make up meals. What I found was a partially used container of shredded ham, a fossick in the fridge found at the back a jar of sun dried tomato pesto, and a look in the pantry produced a packet of flour tortillas.

With Miss Fish peering over my shoulder I suggested that I make quesadillas using what I had found. Yes was the reply.

Now these are very easy I found that I had to warm the tortillas up in the microwave for 20 seconds so they were more pliable.

All you need to do is heat a frypan beware don't make it too hot or you will burn the tortillas, then smear a teaspoon of pesto over one tortilla top with grated cheese, then ham. put another tortilla on top.

Carefully place in the frypan flatten with your hand to bring the heat into the cheese to melt it. When the bottom has browned flip over press again, leave about 1 minute max, then remove and slice into wedges.

The verdict from Miss Fish was that they were yummy and she would have them again, even Mr CLI commented as he wandered past that they smelt nice and he would like some when he was feeling better.

I had mine with a dollop of greek yoghurt on which I drizzled some tobasco sauce.

So next time you are trying to think of something interesting and quick to eat, do what I did search about for different ingredients and see what you come up with. You never now you might be creating your families next favourite thing to eat.

1 comment:

  1. We went through a stage of eating these every night and just filling them with whatever took our fancy. You're right, they're so easy to do! :)

    ReplyDelete