A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Crumbed Chicken with a pesto filling


Well after a day of sewing yesterday I managed to cook something new for tea. A chicken breast with pesto in the centre and a home made bread crumb topping.

It is incredibly easy, the hardest part was to whizz the bread in my small processor attachment for my bamix, to much bread at once. But with a little help from Miss Fish I had it processed ready for topping the chicken.

I took the photo above and didn't realise I had the scallop potatoes at the front, the chicken is a the back.

Pesto Stuffed Chicken with a fresh breadcrumb topping
For each chicken breast
1 heaped tsp pesto - I didn't have any basil pesto I used sundried tomato.

Topping - enough for 3 fillets - 2 tbsp grated Parmesan, 1 tsp grated lemon rind, 1x 2 cm wide slice stale ciabatta was enough for 3 chicken fillets, olive oil to moisten crumbs

Process together until coarse coarse crumbs, add enough oil to just moisten so that the crumbs will hold together. For 3 fillets I added 2 tsps of oil.

Preheat the oven 200.c . Slice the chicken lengthwise down centre,
but don't cut all the way through. Open out and smear the pesto all over, fold back together. Place the chicken on a baking tray. top with crumbs. Drizzle with a little oil.


Ready for the oven









Bake 20 - 30 minutes or until when you carefully lift the top half of the chicken the centre is cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment