A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Another Best Ever Recipe for Mini Pavlovas

Following on from yesterdays theme here is my all time best recipe for pavlovas. I always make small ones, as they can stay in an airtight container for a week. So you can enjoy them for longer.

I always make these for Christmas , I then make home made vanilla ice cream, some of which I add crushed peppermint candy canes. Nothing says Christmas to me than pavlovas and rich home made ice cream with the flavour of peppermint.

You can also make a quick fruit sauce by putting some frozen berries and caster sugar in a saucepan, bring to the boil simmer for about 5 minutes or until the juices have thickened. Leave to cool then pour over whipped cream or ice cream.

Now this recipe can be multiplied by the number of egg whites.

Pavlovas
2 egg whites, 1/2 cup caster sugar

Preheat the oven 120.c .Line baking trays with baking/parchment paper.

Beat the egg whites in an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Slowly add the sugar and continue beating until thick and glossy.

Drop large spoonfuls onto the baking trays, flatten the top a little to form a dip for putting ice cream or cream in when serving.

Bake for 45 minutes - 1hour or until firm to the touch, turn off the oven, then leave the pavlovas in the oven. Leave the door ajar until the pavlovas have completely cooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment