A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Individual Chocolate Trifles


Sorry there hasn't been any blogs for a few days, a family emergency caused an urgent trip to Melbourne. So over the next couple of weeks the blogs might be intermittent.

As I haven't cooked in the last few days, I don't have any interesting recipes to write about, but I will give you a recipe for individual chocolate trifles. Which can be adapted to your flavours or what ingredients you have in your pantry.

Chocolate Trifles
Store bought or homemade chocolate cake, 1 can black cherries that have been pipped, liquor of your choice - like frambroise, cherry brandy, port, grated chocolate, cream softly whipped with a small amount of icing sugar and vanilla essence/extract

Start you layers by placing some sponge in the base of the individual bowls or glasses, drizzle on some liquor, or if you don't wish to add alcohol use some of the cherry juice. Then add a layer of cherries, then cream, then chocolate. Continue layering, making the last two layers cake, then as Nigella says a billowing cloud of whipped cream on top, shower it with grated chocolate.

If you have all the ingredients in your pantry you should be able to create these desserts within 15 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your family emergency, I hope everything is ok now? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really my brother in law dropped dead suddenly. he was only 43. We still have to find out why he died.

    ReplyDelete