A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Jewels of Decoration

What are the jewels of decoration, they are something that the eye travels to when you first walk into a room.

This could be a picture on a wall, a fancy lamp on the side table or an interesting cushion on your chair.

Now I have been crafting for as long as I can remember. My first set of knitting needles, were metal ones that my Pa shortened for me when I was about 5 or 6 years old.

At the moment I am trying to create enough handmade items to start a shop online, hence the stack of quilt tops waiting to be quilted. I am also enjoying the process of designing quilt tops with stitcheries in them.

One of the many things I am creating are cushions I have done crazy patchwork, knitted and beaded. Here is an example of the beaded cushion, here is a close up of the beading.










It is reversable, the back is a different material and I used matching ribbon as the fasteners.










So if I am not pottering in the kitchen I am sitting and hand stitching my quilt tops. Which I enjoy immensely.

Well I am off now to finish stitching the last panels of my new design, before I cut and sew it into a quilt top.

No comments:

Post a Comment