A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Hamburgers

As you may have guessed by now we are not big red meat eaters. When I meet Mr CLI, many moons ago, I hadn't eaten red meat in 7 years. It was a bit of a shock too start cooking for someone that was brought up and still eating big chunks of red meat.

In the years that have passed Mr CLI has realised that his digestion works better if he eats less red meat and in smaller portions. If I make a steak sandwich, after cooking the steak I slice it before placing it on the roll, this not only makes for easy eating also for those of us - not me - that have dentures to contend with.

For my hamburgers I use 500 gms of mince, this gives me 4 patties, if you want larger patties increase the amount of mince. I have been making this recipe since Miss La Coiffure was in nappies. I have tried other recipes over the years but I still keep coming back to this recipe as it is tasty and always moist, as long as the BBQ chef doesn't wander off with his spatula in hand, and leave them to cook for too long.

Hamburgers
500 gm lean mince, 1/2 small carrot grated, 1 heaped tbsp chopped parsley, 1 egg, 1 desertspoon worcestershire sauce. 1 tbsp tomato sauce, 1/2 tsp dried mustard powder

Place all ingredients in a bowl, mix well together with your hands. Form into patties. Cook using a very small amount of oil in your frypan. Serve on hamburger buns with your choice of toppings.

I must admit when I cook these I go all out on the toppings, beetroot, sliced tomato, lettuce, cheese, egg and pineapple. It then becomes a bit of a dagwood hamburger, best eaten in silence - no time to talk - and with lots of serviettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment