A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

No Bake - Rose Chocolate Cheesecake

My youngest daughter who I shall call Miss Fish, as she is a Pisces and loves everything about fish. Cooking them, catching them, eating them. She has fish pictures, fish ornaments and green eyes like the sea, as they can change color like the sea. We even have 4 very well feed goldfish in a pond in the fernery with a waterfall, they are Nemo, Dory, Bruce and Fred.



So she helps out at a food bank and her wages are some of the food products. She is disabled so this is a job that her work takes her to, so that they can help out. She absolutely loves it.

So she presented me with a large bag of chocolate biscuit crumbs. My first thought is what am I going to do with these, then my second thought was what about a cheesecake.

So this recipe came about I was going to use orange flower water, but failing to find any in the pantry I resorted to my old favorite Rose water.

Now this was very easy I made it in a 23cm springform tin so it isn't very high. You could use a smaller tin or double the mixture for the filling if you would like a larger cheesecake. Now this isn't an overly sweet cheesecake it stir retains the tang from the cream cheese which I like.

Rose Chocolate Cheesecake
Base: 2 cups broken chocolate biscuits, 1/3 cup softened butter

In a food processor, process the biscuits until fine add the butter and process until it is starting to clump together. Dump into the tin and press it flat over the base. Leave aside while making the filling.









Filling: 500 grams cream cheese, 1/3 cup caster sugar, 500 ml cream, 2 capfuls rose water or to taste, this amount gives it a feint hint of rose not a strong flavour - you could replace it with orange blossom water, pure vanilla extract or even 2-3 tsps of lemon juice

Place soft cream cheese in a mixing bowl with a paddle - you could also use a food processor if you wish. Beat until smooth, add the sugar beat until the sugar has dissolved and the colour actually goes whiter, about 3-5 minutes. Stop mixer scrap down sides and add cream, beat until all mixed together and there are no lumps, you may need to scrap the sides and paddle a couple of times. Add flavouring beat until incorporated 30 seconds - 1 minute.









Now this is a quite a thick mixture place it over the base and spread carefully about. Put into the fridge for at least 2 hours.

To serve run a knife around edge of tin then remove the sleeve. Slice and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Miss Fish sounds like such a delightful person! :) And this cheesecake sounds lovely-a rose flavour is so delicately pretty :)

    ReplyDelete