A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Rubens Restaurant - Hepburn


On our trip to Daylesford, on the Sunday we took our daughter to Rubens restaurant in Hepburn. We enjoyed it so much that we went back on the Tuesday evening for dinner.

I had the seafood spaghetti, it was beautiful a bit light in the spaghetti department, but the seafood was beautiful the scallops were succulent and sweet. On my second visit I had the capricossa pizza. My husband had this on both visits.

As you can see by the photos the pizza is quite big, with a thin base which was crisp. We also had a greek salad on both visits. This was nice but a little light on contents, plenty of mixed lettuce leaves (goats thistles my husband calls them).












On the Sunday my sister had the pasta carbonara, which was very large serve not short in the pasta department. My mother had the flathead fillets with chips and salad. She got 3 lightly battered fillets with a generous portion of chips. The fish was very white and fresh. she thoroughly enjoyed it.

On the Sunday I had the homemade merinque, which was actually a small pavlova, which indeed was homemade. This was served with ice cream and mixed berry coulis. The tartness of the coulis goes well with the sweetness of the pavlova.











So if you are in the Daylesford area try to visit Rubens. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.



1 comment:

  1. I love the Daylesford and Hepburn area! Some of our best holiday memories are here. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete